3rd 8.M. Event 2021 “Women in Architecture. Building bridges from inclusive perspectives”
We would like to invite you to participate in the conference titled “Women in Architecture. Building bridges from inclusive perspectives” organised by our chair together with Grupo de Investigación en Patrimonio Construido (GPAC- UPV/EHU) (Built Heritage Research Group) and Plataforma Patrimonio Siglo XX (20th Century Heritage Platform).
The purpose of the conference is to promote a space for critical reflection on the difficulties women face in the field of architecture.
On this occasion, participants will include researchers who, in their respective fields of study, seek equality between women and men in architecture:
- Inés Moisset: PhD in Architecture from the Istituto di Archittetura di Venezia (IAUV), architect from the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. Researcher at the National Council for Scientific and Technical Research (CONICET, Argentina). Coordinator of the blog «Un día Una Arquitecta»
- Carolina Quiroga: architect by the School of Architecture, Design and Urbanism, University of Buenos Aires. Director of the Seminar SI Heritage and Gender Perspective. Design tools for territorial, urban and architectural intervention (FADU-UBA). Director of LINA [Laboratory>Intervention+Architecture].
- Eva Álvarez and Carlos Gómez hold PhDs in Architecture. Both are professors and researchers at the Department of Architectural Projects at the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV). They are also part of the group of researchers in the European project “YesWePlan” project and partners in Gomez+Álvarez arquitectes.
- Patricia Santos Pedrosa. Architect, Researcher (CIEG, ISCSP, Universidade de Lisboa), Activist and coordinator «Mulheres na Arquitectura», Professor (Universidade da Beira Interior), feminist and mother.
- Daniela Arias Laurino: Feminist. Architect by FADU UdelaR, Uruguay and PhD in Theory and History of Architecture by ETSA Barcelona, UPC. Founder and editor of Un día una Arquitecta.
- Veronica Benedet: PhD in Architecture by the University of the Basque Country. Architect by the University of Buenos Aires (FADU/UBA). Researcher in the Built Heritage Research Group (GPAC) and the UNESCO Chair in Cultural Landscapes and Heritage of the UPV/EHU. She coordinates the Patrimonio Siglo XX Dissemination and Socialisation Platform.
The event is scheduled for Monday 8 March from 14.00 to 16.30 (Spanish time). The event will be held online. There will be an hour and a half of presentations before opening the microphones for discussion.
The activity is free of charge, only prior registration is required. Click HERE, fill in the form and then you will receive a link by email to the webconference where you will enter as a participant. You may request the chance to speak in order to participate in the discussion.
For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org